2011年10月30日 星期日

In last lesson,we learned about the impact games have brought.Many evidences show that computer games usually bring bad effects to young people. Actually,it depends on the player itself.

If I have a chance to create a game,I would definitely create a game which aims at telling people how to protect the nature.It's because the programme I'm studying is called Environmental Policy Studies.

In the lesson, My groupmates and I imagined a game called
"I'm the God!". In the game,the player is assumed to be the God. The background of the game is that the people everywhere are destroy our nature like logging and building skyscrappers.The player has to make decision and solution to solve the problems.We agree that this kind of games would be meaningful since it teaches people how to save our environment. But honestly ,this game could hardly be made due to the fact that seldom young generation would have the sense of preserving our nature.

But I think nowadays' video games should be like that way.They should change peoples' mind positively due to the fact that many people are addicted to computer games.If these games only provide players excitement but nothing important,they would give bad effects on the young people.
Also,the It is easier for computer games to attract young people's attention rather than books since it is more interesting. Therefore, I think those companies should make a good use of this advantages.


By the way,video games have changed people's idea and behavior.And we should think about how to use it as a tool to help ourselves to be a good person.

2 則留言:

  1. HA...Thanks for bringing out our designed game again. I love it actually. The game "I'm a God" must help people to develop solving skills and muti-tasking skills. If it published one day, I will buy one.^^

    回覆刪除
  2. Same as Wandy, I love the game you designed in the lesson. I do agree that games can bring both positive and negative effects to us. Good games like the one you came up with can 'save' us, or even the world. But bad games can 'kill' us. We spend up all our time on playing those bad games without gaining knowledge which is essential to human beings. Jill, but what can we do to avoid people addicting to good games?

    回覆刪除